Thursday 12 January 2012

Eva Mendes, Angel & Her Beauty Secrets

You may remember that back in October last year I brought you the news that that Thierry Mugler had created a new Angel Eau de Toilette and introduced the gorgeous Eva Mendes as the new face of his fragrance.

(Read here)

Well, today I bring you an exclusive interview with the lady herself, Miss Eva Mendes and find out a little about how she feels to become the face of Angel and take an in depth look into her beauty secrets, rules, tips and tricks!


How did it feel to become the new face of Thierry Mugler’s Angel?

It is very flattering to be asked to be the muse for a fragrance, especially for a classic like Angel.
Angel is the embodiment of the true femme fatale. The Eau de Parfum and Eau de Toilette are alternately casual and sensual, a duality that lies in each of us.

How and where do you apply fragrance?

One of the many things I love about Angel is that there is now an Eau de Parfum and an Eau de Toilette.  They are different, but still very complementary and can evoke any mood for different activities or time of day.  The eau de toilette is ideal for daytime and casual, light moments, while the perfume suits the sophistication of a dinner, a romantic evening or a red carpet. I never leave home without perfume.
Angel Eau de Toilette, Refillable 80ml £65

What products would we find in your make-up bag/bathroom?

·         I love the Angel scrub, because the parts are very small and feel very soft to the skin.
·         Lucas Papaw ointment
·         Laura Mercier Secret Concealer 

Angel Exfoliating Scrub
 ·         My mother always puts baby powder on her hair to absorb the oil. I always go back to baby powder.

·         I couldn’t live without my Angel scent and MAC lip pencil in Spice they are always in my make-up bag

You’re known for your golden, glowy skin. What are your secrets? Do you think genes play an important part?

I take omega-3 supplements and I drink water with lemon and chlorophyll. I also protect my skin from the sun each time I go out even when it is not very sunny, using a moisturizer with SPF.

What body products do you use?

Angel Perfuming Body Crème
Angel Perfuming Body Creme, 200ml £45.50
  
Would you say your beauty routine is high or low maintenance? Please explain why.

 I’m not one of those actresses who say they don’t have to work at it.  Even if it’s true, don’t say it, there are so many people who struggle.  It’s so important to know and understand your body size and shape and just appreciate what you’ve got.  We all have pluses and minuses - it’s about ignoring those minuses if there is nothing you can do about them and playing up to those pluses.


Eva's Top Beauty Rules


Enjoy being a woman
It is so nice to be a woman; you can be whoever you want, dress however you want – pants or dresses… You can be either casual or very sophisticated; it is nice to enjoy the many facets of our personality depending the time and the place. I feel blessed to be a modern woman

Smile
I laugh a lot! It enlightens my day like nothing else… It is sometimes difficult but it changes life and the way people come to you. It is also important to take a little time to take care of yourself, doing things you are not used to doing because of the crazy schedule - rest and enjoy living.

Drink a lot of water
Water really is the best product for the skin and I can really see the results on mine since I drink a glass of water with squeezed lemon juice in it before I go to bed and after I wake up.

Never go out without perfume
I spray my perfume, Angel by Thierry Mugler, in front of me to create à cloud I can walk in and that is a fantastic way to be lightly but surely surrounded by the scent. Of course it is important to leave a trace behind you when you exit a room but I never forget that I should be the first one enjoying my fragrance!
The Original Angel Eau de Parfam Star, 50ml £56.50
 I also dab it in the inner side of my wrists, elbows, knees… every parts of my body that are constantly in motion, so that each time you make a move my fragrance is spread.
And with Angel, I particularly like to switch from the Eau de Toilette to the Eau de Parfum depending the time of the day or the occasion…

Walk
I really need to walk very often so I usually go hiking with my dog on the Hollywood hills. Walking actively is the best way to stay in good shape – it strengthens your whole body while no efforts are done.

Exfoliate your skin
After a long walk or a sport session, I like to chill in my bathroom and that is the perfect moment to exfoliate my skin. I love to have a soft touch so I use a lot of Angel Scrub, its parts are very gentle and it leaves a delicate scent on your skin that you don’t even need to put your perfume on!

Highlight your assets
To feel sexy, I love to put a little glitter just in the right place: on the cheeks, the cleavage or the hollow of my shoulder, to highlight it.
 
For your nearest Thierry Mugler stockiest call 020 7307 6700
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I have angel hiding at the back of my perfume cupboard and this post has reminded me of it! It is defo a very sweet scent but I think eva is perfect for representing it x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love her. Thanks for sharing! I love her answer on if her beauty routine is high or low maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. obviously like your website however you need to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to inform the truth on the other hand I will definitely come again again.
    Rowenta DW2090 Effective Comfort Cord Reel 1500 Watt Steam Iron with 300 Hole Stainless Steel Sole Plate

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig