Thursday 14 May 2015

Zelens Intense Defence Antioxidant Serum



You may remember my post a couple of months ago about a new brand called Zelens and their fabulous cleanser, well, today I'm talking about another gorgeous product from their range.

Meet one of my new skincare heroes, Zelens Intense Defence Antioxidant Serum.

This potent antioxidant serum contains a unique blend of ingredients to help fight against three types of free radicals and defend against other environmental factors such as UV radiation, stress, alcohol, air pollution and smoking.




The three types are;

ROS: Reactive Oxygen Species which causes oxidative damage to the skin

RNS: Reactive Nitrogen Species which promotes inflammation leading to cellular damage

RCS: Reactive Carbonyl Species which causes addition of sugar molecules to a protein and damages collage and elastin, leading to premature skin ageing.

 All of these factors contribute to the premature ageing of your skin and while many antioxidant products only protect the skin from one type of free radicals (ROS) this bad boy targets all three!




Designed to be used on freshly cleansed skin before you moisturise the serum is meant to provide a protective barrier against all three types of the harmful free radicals, improve the texture and appearance or the skin by stimulating collagen production and leave your skin feeling hydrated, former and healthy looking.

So, the serum itself is milky in colour and light in texture.

I've got to be honest I was slightly taken aback by its smell when I first used it! It wasn't the most pleasant aroma, but I stuck with it.

A little goes a long way and the serum sank into my skin super quickly. I have to say, it really did leave my face feeling quite lovely.




On occasion, I didn't even feel the need to moisturise after using it ( though I do have oily skin).

After using it twice daily for two weeks I have definitely noticed a difference in the texture and appearance of my skin.  In face, I've even been complimented on more than one occasion on the "vibrancy" and "glow" that my skin seems to be giving off. Winner!

Now, there is really only one negative about this product.



The price. It's £125. A lot of money, I know. BUT, this is a real investment in your skin and your skins health. I view using it as I would using a high SPF. I'm protecting it from negative environmental influences, and at 29 years old, I really do need to start.

Zelens Intense Defence Antioxidant Serum is  suitable for all skin types, is oil free, dermatologically tested, available any day now from Zelens and retails at £125
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ouch at the price, although it does sound like an amazing product! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love facial oils and serums right now. I'm 26 can already see signs of ageing! Boo! This one sounds lovely but that's a pretty hefty price tag. Fab review.

    Roxie x
    The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig