Thursday 26 April 2018

YSL Top Secrets Instant Moisture Glow


Top Secrets is a luxury skincare collection from the much loved, cult brand Yves Saint Laurent.

This gorgeous collection of innovative, multitasking products has been created for make-up lovers and is designed to help you achieve a beautiful, flawless complexion.

I LOVE YSL cosmetics so was very excited to start testing out the Top Secrets range of products.
The first item I’ve road tested is their Instant Moisture Glow (£36).




 This best-selling blur perfecting moisturiser/primer is designed to keep your skin feeling nourished and hydrated to help keep you looking beautifully fresh for up to 72 hours.

Super lightweight in texture this gel-like fluid carries the blurring technology of an invisible foundation, helping to even out and perfect your complexion, creating a flawless base for your cosmetics.

Designed for the woman on the go, the woman who wants it all and has no time to wait the product can be used both as a daily moisturiser and as primer; and you all know how much I love a multi-purpose product!




So, first things first. How beautiful is the packaging. So simple and chic with the iconic black and gold packaging which is unmistakably YSL. 

Housed within a sleek black tube with gold detailing and gold lid, the product is dispensed through a delicate nozzle at the end.

A little goes a long way, both in terms of texture and its hydrating properties so don’t go overboard with application!




The product itself possesses a soft, peachy-nude hue with an almost iridescent sheen.

Smelling WONDERFUL (think luxurious freshness) the gel is feather light and almost watery in texture. It is absorbed almost instantly into your skin and you can immediately feel a difference to the texture of your skin.




YSL Beaute’s Creative Director describes your skin ‘adopting the feel of softness of satin’ upon application and I think that’s a pretty fair description of how your skin is left feeling.

Hydrated and deeply nourished skin is left looking soft and looking beautifully even and ready for your foundation.




While I must admit that I didn’t notice any real ‘blurring’ to my flaws I can certainly say that my skin felt wonderfully soft and moisturised without feeling heavy or clogged and my complexion did indeed appear far more ‘glowy’ than it did prior to application.

My skin looked more awake, more healthy and in turn, I looked happier and there is no face more beautiful than a happy one!

It worked well as a base for my foundation too- it didn’t mix with my foundation or cause any issues when applying it but it did do a great job of evening out my skin tone and ‘fixing’ any dry patches which would have otherwise looked pretty naff when I put my foundation on.




All in all I’m impressed with moisturiser. I would say that if you suffer with dry skin you may find the need to apply it throughout the day to maintain your moisture levels (providing you’ve not got a face full of make up on, obvs) as it is very light in texture, but for me and my oily skin it worked a treat.

YSL Top Secrets Instant Moisture Boost is available now and costs £36.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Am Fabulicious. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig